Pickers provide a simple way to select a single value from a pre-determined set.
- On mobile, pickers are best suited for display in confirmation dialog.
- For inline display, such as on a form, consider using compact controls such as segmented dropdown buttons.
We are currently falling back to native input controls. If you are interested in implementing or have implemented a rich Material Design Picker with an awesome UX, please, let us know on #4787 and #4796! We could add a link to or a demo of your project in the documentation. Here are some components that are promising:
- material-ui-pickers: date pickers and time pickers.
- material-ui-time-picker: time pickers.
- material-ui-next-pickers: date pickers and time pickers.
⚠️ Native input controls support by browsers isn't perfect.
A native date picker example with
type="date", it can be used as a calendar too: